Atal Zanza Aka
|Website||Take a look at our website, visit us on the forums, and read our interview with WoW Insider!|
|Founding date||10th of February, 2013|
|Goal||To restore and resurrect the old ways of troll culture and bring glory to the new Empire.|
|Main area of operations||Stranglethorn Vale, usually found in the Golden City of Zul'Gurub.|
|Opposite faction attitude||Hostile, towards both the Alliance and the Horde.|
|Friends/Allies||The Cult of the Raptor & Lorekeepers of Zanza|
|Rivals/Enemies||None in particular.|
|Guild status||Dormant (not recruiting)|
|Recruiting Officer(s)||Zaza'zul, Jat'sul & Lilo'rokh|
The Atal Zanza Aka, or the Devoted Children of Zanza, are a group of trolls made up from former members of partly the Jang Thraze Atal and Loa Atal Ai. Zaza’jin, former hexxer of the Jang Thraze Atal and once Hex’antu of the Loa Atal Ai created the Atal Zanza Aka with one purpose; to restore and resurrect the old ways of his kins culture, no matter the cost.
The Devoted Children were originally exiles of the Loa Atal Ai, the Hex’antu, Zaza’jin, had planned a rebellion towards the Loa Atal Ais Jin, Marca’zhu, who to Zaza’jins fear discovered his plans and threw him out of the warband, Loa Atal Ai.
Yet the Zaza’jin wasn’t alone, accompanied by many others of the Loa Atal Ai and Jang Thraze Atal he left the city of Orgrimmar behind, travelling to the jungles of Strangelthorn where he and his followers settled down in the ruins of the once Golden City, Zul'Gurub.
Upon their stay within the legendary city the Devoted Children found quite the many allies, here among the Zandalari Empire, the Cult of the Raptor, Lorekeepers of Zanza and even a few exiles from the Darkspear Tribe. Along with those very different organisations the Devoted Children now work to bring back the glory of their people.
- Whelp’s are the new trolls within the Atal Zanza Aka, they still got to proof themselves in the eyes of the Antus and the rest of the Devoted Children of Zanza, and most of all in the eyes of the loas. Most of the ‘Whelps’ strives after a fast promotion as the rank requires those trolls often to bite the dust and show that they know of showing respect to the ranks above. This is the hardest rank to surpass as well, as it requires the troll always to pay attention to his or her surroundings, one wrong word can cause him or her to be stuck as a ‘Whelp’ for another month.
- Kin, these people are the backbone of the Devoted Children, although their combat skills are minimal and they do not posess the potent voodoo of the Zul they are the hands that feed, clothe and equip the Devoted Children. This is also the middle-stage for those trolls wishing to proceed up through the ranks.
- Thraze’s are the headhunters and stalkers of the Devoted Children. The Thraze are the silent hunters of the order, often followers of Bethekk as they rely heavily on working within the shadows and the popular art of guerilla warfare.
- Zul’s are the hexxers and witch doctors within the ranks of the Devoted Children, their task are probably the most important of all, to please and praise the loas. They are highly respected within troll society and at the same time are much feared, their hexxers can break a man’s bones with a short chant in the honor of Ogoun, while their witch doctors can close the worst of wounds with the power of Lokou. They often have great celebrations for the loas, to power their voodoo spells and to increase their relations with the loas.
- Jang’s are the berserkers and warriors within the Devoted Children; they’re the brutes who protect the rest of the order from any harm. Where the zul and thraze lack the strength the Jang steps into action for exactly this very purpose.
- Atal’s are the elite or the veterans of the Atal Zanza Aka, they’re the ones who are going to make an example of themselves to the ranks below, or how they should be and what they can achieve by doing so. The Atal’s consist both of Tharze’s and Zul’s, the Thraze’s often work as bodyguards for the Antus and are given important tasks in combat, like leading a minor group of headhunters to the flank of the enemy. The Atal’s that have raised from the ranks of Zul often can be charged with leading rituals and offerings for the loas they’re closest with, they can also be put in charge of minor tasks within combat. Atal’s doesn’t have authority over the ranks below them unless they’re given so directly by the Antu’s, yet they usually get a lot of respect as they’re favored by the Antu’s, and if it reaches the ears of the Antu’s that their favored and devoted ones has been shown disrespect, there surely awaits a punishment for the troll spitting out such lies.
- Antu’s are the leaders and overseers of the Devoted Children. When their word is spoken it is law and to go against such surely only will end in a punishment usually. The antus work within a council mostly focused upon democracy and voting yet at times the head of the antu council, which is the main leader figure of the antu and thereby the order, can chose for the order himself. As of currently there are three antus: Lilo'rokh the rokh'antu meaning overseer of destruction within Zandali, she oversees the Jang, warriors and berserkers, of the order. Zaza'zul, the head of the council and hex'antu, being the person in charge of the Zul, hexxers and witch doctors, of the order. At last there is Jat'sul, the antu'sul, shadow hunter and leader of the Thraze, headhunters and stalkers, he also is advisor to the council.
The Loa are the ancient spirits and gods who rule over the entire world according to troll culture and religion, yet there are many different Loa’s from tribe to tribe, empire to empire. Each Loa usually is represented by an animal who in some way or another symbolizes their particular skills and what they stand for. There are exceptions though, such as the ancestor Loa. Below you will find more information on this matter.
Rhunok, the Bear: The arctic bear stands for the very strength and survival skills that have kept the Drakkari alive in the frozen wastes throughout the years, he is one for fighting till the very end, and the one that the warriors see to for good luck in battles, and to find food for the village on the frozen continent, his burning spirit have been what have kept the Drakkari empire fighting strong over the years
Quetz'lun, the Feathered Serpent: A dark and bitter feathered serpent, she represents vengeance and the brutal sadism the Drakkari have made them known for, she is the one followed by only the bravest, or most fool hardy of Drakkari.
Mam'toth, the Mammoth: A towering brown mammoth, Mam'toth represents the pride and arrogance that have kept the Drakkari alive and their culture thriving within the kingdom, this towering beast represents the Faith the Drakkari have within them, and is praised to stir confidence within oneself, to not fall to the enemy.
Akali, the Rhino: This hulking rhino isn't one for words, or much else for that matter he's prone to rages and is feared for his temper by even the strongest of warriors, he represents the brute force the Drakkari are respected...and feared for.
Sseratus, the Serpent: This serpent represents the mending powers that have kept the lives of many Drakkari in battle, the calm and gentle moves of the snakes charm and the blood that courses through him is the energy that is believed to assist those chosen within the tribes to mend and empower their own during battle, although representing the mending energy bought to the tribe, this is one that represents one of the main, and only ways the Drakkari use calm techniques to help their own.
Har'koa, the Snow Leopard: Strange as it may seem the Drakkari have a Loa that represents the love that binds a family together, she's kind, caring and possesses the qualities a Drakkari mother would uphold...at least until their mighty Empire fell.
Shrivallah, the Tiger: A powerful, hulking cat...he represents the twisted honour that the Gurubashi warriors uphold and his adherents are often berserkers, head hunters and their ilk
Bethekk, the Panther: Mistress of the Night, The Prowler of the Night she represents the guile and cunning valued by the Gurubashi people and is commonly worshipped by stalkers
Shadra, the Spider: The Great Weaver a sinister, insidious spider, she represents the balance between good and evil, life and death, pride and humility it is said only the most wise, or perhaps foolhardy of trolls follow the Spider's Ways.
Hir'eek, the Bat: Hir'eek is known above all for his wisdom, his wit and sharp tongue are second to none but he knows when to keep his secrets when prying ears and eyes are around, he shares a love of stories much like many Trollish elders and lorekeepers.
Hethiss, the Snake: Hethiss is known for his deadly skill in poisons and venom, his steady movements are what trolls call on to keep them quick and agile in battle. But as all snakes are, there is a small chance of surviving when she strikes, as his venom is deadly, and poisonous.
Ula-tek, the Serpent - This goddess is responsible for the Amani tribes’ skill in the field of hexing, and is Amani hexxers call on to turn foes into various animals, and the way of this loa is also used to bring great pain to enemies through hexing, as praying to this loa provides a lot of support in this field.
Nalorakk, the Bear - The great bear of the Amani stands for the brute strength that the Amani tribe have mustered over the years, and pray to Nalorakk when one needs its strength to help them push through the many battles the tribe has to face. The main Amani mount is the bear, to symbolize their alignment to Nalorakk
Akil'zon, the Eagle - The Eagle represents the weather in which the Amani tribe relies on, this loa is called upon to heed calm skies during the hunts and many battles the tribe has faced over the years, also from being called upon for normal reasons this loa can reek down thunder to stop the tribes’ foes in dire times also.
Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk - The mighty dragonhawk stands for the tribes ability when being able to manipulate fire, but also stands for the burning flame that lasts within their hearts, and his mighty wrath is able to burn even the strongest of foes, and keeps the Amani flame burning with pride as they carry on fighting. This loa also stands for the maternity in which mothers use as guidance when giving birth, and is the reason Amani offspring are quite frequent, and quite brutal!
Halazzi, the Lynx - The lynx stands for the swiftness and cunning that have bought the amani tribe many victories during the time the empire has been alive, this loa represents the cunning that the tribe is known for among its brutality, and the swift deaths that are granted to their foes.
The Ancestor Loa
Atal Zanza Aka War Speech
Despite us being the most savage, unorganized group of fighters you've ever seen you may be surprised to hear that we have settled on a little battle dance/cry used for when we're face to face any threat that goes against the principles of troll culture, religion and tradition.
Waa'ki: "I see the Loa watching over us on this day! Let them know we're watching them too! Let them know we're proud to serve them and make this day ours!"
The trolls' of the Devoted Children begins stomping unto the ground in a slow beat, followed by a hymning chant to the Loas'.
Lilo: "Let the blood of our enemies spill, let them cower in our sight, heads will roll as they fear the Loas' might!"
The warriors of the Devoted Children let forth a mighty roar, be it atal, thraze or whelp, no matter.
Waa'ki: "On this day blood will pour! On this day bodies shall fall! On this day scalps will be taken! Arrows will fire and shadows will swarm! The Loa is here!"
The stalkers and headhunters of the Devoted Children follows the warriors gesture, letting forth a mighty growl. Again, be it atal, thraze or whelps.
Zaza'zul: "Today the Loas' vengeance shall reek across the land! The spirits shall aid us! The power we posess shall grant us a swift and fearsum victory over our foes!"
Hexxers and Witch Doctors, or any caster of voodoo in general, continues the chanting, increasing in loud for even the loa to hear their words. Be it atal, zul or whelp.
Jat'sul: "The Loa hear our words! We fight for you, for the Loa!"
Every troll of the Devoted Children lets forth the finishing battlecry;
"For the Loa!"
Q: So, I am rather much new to troll roleplay, would you still accept one like me?
A: Indeed! We often accept new roleplayers into our ranks and we gladly help them with lore and character concepts. We do require them to be willing to learn and take advice though.
Q: So, this all in all sounds pretty cool, if I am wishing to join what do I do?
A: Well, first of all you better find our location as this can be varying from time to time as we move all across Azeroth visiting the different tribes, sharing one another’s culture. You’ll probably need to /who us and then simply send a /w to one of our online member, the person then hopefully will direct you to an online officer who will set up an in character interview.
Q: Sweet! And you said you travel all around the world?
A: That we do! We tend to move from place to place once a month or more, as the Devoted Children of Zanza, and with Zanza being the lorekeeper himself, the Devoted Children travel the world to learn more of their fellow tribes ways and cultures, some tribes show friend and others foe, all explained throughout events!
Q: Oh, but aren’t those tribes hostile to the Horde and gameplay wise as well?
A: Both is correct, let us start with the gameplay, usually the mobs are too low level to really detect us and attack us on close range and those that unluckily do attack us we kill out of characterly. Except for that, the Atal Zanza Aka are Zandalari aligned, meaning that we do not fight alongside the Horde, but actually fight against them.
Q: Well, that sounds cool but I am a bit frightened of approaching you guys, you all seem very hostile?
A: Hah! Well, we surely are a bunch of savage, racist, sexist, murderous, pillaging mongrels in character wise, indeed! But, I can assure you that there is nothing else than a good mood and jolly chats within the guild chat! If it is taken to an out of character basic though, contact an officer and we will sort such out! We do all play to have fun, don’t we?
Work in progress.
Work in progress.
|Jakata||Jakata the Scorpion Enthusiast||Troll|
|Lilongo||Lilo Ahtangu 'The Maneater'||Troll|
|Zazajin||Antu Zaza'zul of the Skulltusk Tribe||Troll|